I love nurseries.

I love baby nurseries! This week I had a few emails asking for my advice on picking up cheap stylish baby items for the home, and more luxurious ones.

I love all things baby, but, for me the nursery is so special. When I was pregnant with our baby boy who is now 7 months old I had severe Hyperemeisis , which meant I was in hospital for most of my pregnancy! 27 admissions..... no fun I can tell you! So when I was at my lowest I would lay there, all IV'd up, imagining what kind of nursery we'd make once I was better...

I love the idea of creating a special place for your baby to come home to, even though they actually sleep in Moma's room for the first, 6, 12, 18 months? Who knows? 

I loved the idea of getting a really cool, chic cot for the new baby, even though we had his big brothers IKEA cot safely stored away.

We ended up using the hand-me-down IKEA cot as It's sentimental to me, when I sit and think teary eyed about my first born standing in his cot for the first time, or shoving his hands in the air wanting me to pick him up fuzzy haired from a restful (or unrestful) night. 

Babyboy didn't like a cot or crib though, OH NO! He likes co-sleeping in Mama & Papa's bed! (Safely may I add)
So here it is, my wish list of nurseries:



1) Bloom Baby Alma Folding cot, available at Amazon
2) Dwell Studio Blanket, avaliable at Lula Sapphire
3) Whale Print Limited Ed' from Mengsel
4) fermLiving cushion available at Heal's
5) Eames Rocker from Conran Shop
6) Orla Kiely Sofa from OrlaKiely


Cot, Sofa, Chair from IKEA
Cushion from AliceApple
Print from InkJet Pop Up shop

3 comments:

  1. That green sofa!!

    (And you poor thing. I had to Google the condition you had. I can't imagine anything worse than vomiting, especially while pregnant!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jill...

    It's a awful condition that left me on my last day being pregnant 44lbs lighter than before i got pregnant , i had two pulminary embolisms due to being so dehyrated and it was AWFUL. Babyboy was 9lb6oz though!

    I've had it with all pregnancies :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the grey crib!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, have a wonderful, colourful day.